June 07, 2011

BLOG CHAT 08_STINA LANGLO ORDAL



Hello, we're excited to introduce you to Stina Langlo Ordal, a norwegian illustrator and children's book illustrator/author. Stina has worked with a variety of publishing houses throughout the years to bring her curious and magical stories to life. Stina not only illustrates, but she also writes children's books, a very talented lady! Many of her stories are based on a child's eye view on life. She also regularly exhibits her work in galleries. Check out more of her work at illustina.no.

1. WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE?
I've always been drawing and when I discovered illustration I knew it was what I wanted to do

2. IF YOU WEREN'T AN ILLUSTRATOR WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
I'd be a flower decorater (is it the right word?) My dad was a florist, and I wanted to take over the business when I was old enough.

3. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME AN ILLUSTRATOR'S EQUIVALENT OF A DESIGNER'S BLOCK?
Ohh, I tend to dive into the internet. Reading the news. Reading interesting blogs, or perhaps plan dinner. Or sometimes I´d just bang my head against the wall..... I wish I´d be better at leaving my studio to go for a stroll, enjoy nice weather and get some air.

4. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
A picturebook about jealousy.

5. EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL?
Early bird, that always fall asleep on the couch trying to keep the night owl company.

6. WHAT DO YOU TREAT YOURSELF TO FOR ELEVENSES?
Dark chocolate and peppermint tea.

7. MY FAVE COLOUR IS...?
Right now: Green in various shades. blue-ish green....

8. MY FAVE SMELL IS....?
Freshly baked bread. sharp cool air, christmas, do I have to pick one?? 

9. IF YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU SAVE?
My family, my cat and the mac.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVE BLOG?
Ourblog:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats