October 23, 2011

BLOG CHAT 12_GEORGIA BOSSON




We'd like to introduce you to Georgia Bosson, a textile designer from Greenwich, London. Georgia graduated last year from studying Embroidery at Manchester School of Art. She has been working on a variety of projects, which include:
The Floating Cinema- creating structural curtains for a critically acclaimed cinema which toured the London canals this summer and will be used during the Olympics. Working for a successful textile collective Puff and Flock, including exhibitions such as designers block as well as projects with Elisabeth Buecher including costumes for the V&A- Siamese monsters, and a Music video- costume production for Saint Saviour. Georgia is currently setting up a new London studio practice developing new print designs and continuing to explore structural textiles. Georgia has created some gorgeous printed cushions for Our Shop, please check them out here.To see more of Georgia's work, please click
here.

1. WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE?
I have always made things, from peg dolls to extravagantly decorated rafts, I love being creative and making things, whether it is to make a living or just for fun. I’m not sure I could do anything else!

2. IF YOU WEREN'T A DESIGNER WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
There isn’t really anything that I wish I was doing instead however if I had to choose another job it would be an air hostess but one who worked about twenty years ago when it was mandatory to have a weeks holiday before flying home again.

3. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME A DESIGNER'S BLOCK?
The only thing that ever works for me is drawing. If I look at other people’s work I get frustrated that I am not working but if I draw I find the ideas eventually start to flow again.

4. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
Developing my work into more commercial products and continuing to explore the architectural side of my work that I started to develop with the Floating Cinema.

5. EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL?
Early bird, I am rubbish at night, my brain stops working properly past 9!

6. WHAT DO YOU TREAT YOURSELF TO FOR ELEVENSES?
Oatcakes with nutella on.

7. MY FAVE COLOUR IS...?
All of the colours between yellow and orange!

8. MY FAVE SMELL IS....?
Baking cakes.

9. IF YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU SAVE?
My cats, My portfolios and My Nana’s engagement ring.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVE BLOG?
verydesignersblock.co.uk they always have an insight into the new designers coming out of degrees and MA’s.
 
puffandflock is great for new technologies and exhibitions.
 
The designboom newsletter is pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats