August 05, 2011

BLOG CHAT 10_YIYING WANG



Hi, it's Friday, nearly the weekend! We'd like to introduce to you the talented designer and author, YiYing Wang. YiYing is the brainchild of Noodoll. YiYing created the World of Noodoll as part of her Master’s course - an MA in Communication Design from Central Saint Martin’s, London. She has global experience in character design; licensing; clothing, bag and accessory production; and writing. YiYing has been a guest lecturer on design topics at a number of universities; has written for a wide range of publications; has written six successful books- including two bestsellers in Taiwan - and Noodoll’s debut children’s book: Ricehead’s Revenge published by Blue Apple, New York. Take a peek at her gorgeous world of Noodoll here. We loved her stuff so much, that we've got some of her gorgeous Monster Bookmarks and quirky monster and cloud toys in Our Shop, check them out here!

1. WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE?
For some unknown reason,  I turn everyone into cartoon characters in my head when I meet them so I decided I should make a career out of it. It makes me laugh! After a while I just felt I needed to do different projects to keep me entertained and to avoid boredom so I started to write books... that's how all it started.

2. IF YOU WEREN'T A DESIGNER WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
I would be.... a chef or chocolatier. I would work in anything food related.

3. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME A DESIGNER'S BLOCK?
I feel so blessed and happy to be able to express myself through my works, therefore the things that bother me are not related to creativity or ideas. All of my anxieties are caused by running a business. I just can't yet manage my time and finance properly!

4. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I have been working on a new range of stationery called 'Noodoll's friends', collaborating with designer friends like Donna Wilson and Luckyboysunday. It's been an exciting process as I get to use their designs and turn them into stationery products.

5. EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL?
Definitely earlier than early bird! I love mornings!

6. WHAT DO YOU TREAT YOURSELF TO FOR ELEVENSES?
A stretch, a breath of fresh air, some biscuits, chocolate, more FOOD!

7. MY FAVE COLOUR IS...?
Neon yellow in summer, navy blue in winter.

8. MY FAVE SMELL IS....?
The smell of burnt wood and country side.

9. IF YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU SAVE?
My laptop, my passport, and my toys.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVE BLOG?
I am not a regular blog reader and don't stick to any particular ones, but, I do love lots of blogs like Marimekko, ohcomely, fifilapin, it's nice that and lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats