July 12, 2011

BLOG CHAT 09_ALEXA MOTTRAM



Hi, we would like to introduce you to Alexa Mottram, a product designer. Alexa was working in a furniture company and realised that all the offcuts of upholstery leather were being thrown straight in the bin. Confident that there must be an alternative, she started taking it home and making it into slippers! Making lots of gifts for friends, and enjoyed it so much that she decided to set up a business. Do check out more of her work, click here.

1. WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE?
This is quite tricky to answer!  I guess I’ve always loved making things and creating objects. I’ve gradually realised that this is the thing that makes me happy, and that I’m best at.

2. IF YOU WEREN'T A PRODUCT DESIGNER WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
I think maybe a writer.  I used to write weird stories all the time when I was little.

3. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME A DESIGNER'S BLOCK?
I usually have a coffee, which I don’t normally drink.  It makes me hyper and also like a ‘proper designer’,
because I reckon they all drink coffee all the time! 

4. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
A friend is helping me overhaul the website, which is really exciting, and I’m about to start designing a new product range.

5. EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL?
Early bird.  Chirp chirp!

6. WHAT DO YOU TREAT YOURSELF TO FOR ELEVENSES?
Cake and/or biscuits.  (Same goes for tensies and twelvsies…)

7. MY FAVE COLOUR IS...?
I’m mad about brown at the moment. 

8. MY FAVE SMELL IS....?
Freshly baked bread.  It’s a cliché, but I love it.

9. IF YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE, WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU SAVE?
I think I’d probably be too busy panicking and flapping about like a headless chicken to save anything!  I’m a total wetbag. 
I’d just have to hope that someone would save me.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVE BLOG?
www.itsnicethat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats